On New Beginnings

I was always curious to know what's happening in the stars. Not that I believe that anyone can predict the future - absolutely not. But there were definitely cosmic events at play at some point in the past that have somehow influenced my life. At least I think so.

When I had this conversation with a friend and a bunch of colleagues a few months ago, I was met with wild, savage laughter. "There is no way that a planet, any planet moving around the galaxy, can have an impact on anyone", I was told. 

That may be true I reckoned. And then I did something even I wasn't planning to do. I pointed to the moon - which at that point was gloriously full - and asked the group to explain to me how that ball in the sky controls our tides and all kinds of activity here on earth, including accelerated agricultural (and hair) growth and well-being, as well as influencing the behaviour of many people according to long established beliefs? 

And if indeed the moon had the power to have that kind of control over Mother Earth and her constituents, then who says the other planets in the solar system did not have a similar impact on all manner of things that we cannot even begin to perceive or comprehend?

Everyone fell silent, deep in thought. Of course no one had thought of that before - no one including myself. It just so happened that it emerged at that very moment in time in my wits and synapses, and made its way down my brain and out of my mouth.

In any case, fast forward a good ten months to early last week. I found myself steeped in a dense fog of angst. There were lots of things happening - and yet nothing was happening at the same time. It was a same-shit, different-day scenario and I hated everyone and everything as usual.... nothing new there. 

"It's the Charles gene", I told myself. We can't tolerate people or stupidity and since both are seemingly inherent and largely interchangeable in the vast majority of the population, we continually fight a losing battle and just have to endure our insanities and bordeline Aspergers syndromes and eat up life like a cake wrapped in an antisocial personality disorder frosting. AND, we have to ensure that we don't breed. 

I tried to distract myself by reading my Chinese Horoscope Prediction for 2020. Big mistake. They tell me I'm a Dog. "Honestly, I could be worse things", I thought to myself... but it didn't end there. They told me that I'm very loyal - which is true. And that I'm a constant worrier and that this ruins most things for me - which is also somewhat true. And that 2020 won't be much different from 2019.

So I spent the next two hours worrying about why I worry so much a,and trying to figure out how to stop, while contemplating why things will not be much different in 2020... and of course, entertaining the idea that all of this is bullshit and that the moon doesn't really control the tides of the ocean or our emotions and that perhaps our ancestors had too much Whiskey and not enough Netflix, and made these things up as they went along.

But then something miraculous happened last week Thursday, dear reader. Perhaps it was this post by expert Tracy McMillan... or a series of events that led to an unresolved rehashing of the past with a close friend... or, OR, the end of Mercury retrograde. Or a combination of all three!

Whatever it was, the stars aligned and for the first time in months, I woke up feeling like I was emerging from a dark cloud to rediscover life once again. I can't explain it. I mean - I'm a Psychology Major so everything Tracy said are things I already know (and it is something I want to actively discuss in another post)... but something clicked in a way that it hadn't before and my life actually made sense for once. 

I felt like in that moment, God sent Tracy to me with that specific message, coupled with a lengthy, heated, eye-opening exchange I'd had the prior evening with previously mentioned friend... coupled with - wait for it - the END OF MERCURY RETROGRADE.

What is Mercury Retrograde? Well, cosmically and astronomically, it is a period of time (roughly 3 weeks twice a year) that marks a difficulty in communication and all communication related matters - like confusion, mixed messages, problems with technology blah blah blah - among other things blah blah blah...

Again, whatever it was, it cleared up more than just the fog in my brain and for the first time in months, I felt like I could breathe again. And suddenly I feel like all things are possible and I want to do so many meaningful things that I don't know where to begin. I want to grab Life by the nuts and just Live it up, savouring each moment and shirking off everything that has been weighing so heavily on my shoulders for the longest time. It's time to live again. 

The Dog in me though is a little scared and of course - slightly worried. "How long will this last, please let this last. I don't want to go back to the fog". 

Thing is, I need to internalise that nothing is in my control. I need to accept it the way I had to accept that Wentworth Miller is not into women and will never break me out of any Prison for love or money. 

It's going to take a little time, but I'm ready for this new era.

So what are your thoughts on the Stars? And any advice on how to fully maximise my potential during this new lease on life?

Comments

  1. Well there are worst things than being a loyal mutt lol

    As for worrying goes, life is too short for that. The older I get, the less I give a shit. And you know what? The less you give a shit, the more shit you can take. Even if it is same shit different pile.

    As for the moon, yeah it seems it impacts us and maybe another planet impacts that like Mars, and then another impacts Mars, and so on and so forth so that every planet has a function. Even one a billion light years away with little grey aliens.

    Take the lease on life and squeeze those nuts, something's gotta drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I'd really love to do Pat, is to sell everything, buy a camper van, and go live in a forest and sleep like a bear for 7 months. The problem is that eventually, I'd have to wake up. But yeah... I'm keen to explore a few ideas.

      Delete
    2. lol not a bad thought, until you get there and find it is super boring, loaded with woodticks, actual bears, coyotes, hillbillies, murder shacks, and the odd drug dealer.

      Delete
  2. I don't know much about the moon and tides except that it has something to do with gravity and the moons pull. It's all very scientific. I don't think that other planets have much to do with us because they are just too far away. If one of those planets was as close as the moon then maybe they could have some effect on us.

    I have suffered from depression and anxiety since I was 9 years old. I found out that I have something called Schizotypal Personality Disorder as well as Schizoaffective Disorder. That coupled with depression and other things keeps me in a perpetual depressive fog most of the time. I just went through a 3 month depression and am also out of my fog for a while. So the only thing I can tell you is to enjoy it. Enjoy all the little things that don't seem to be a big deal. Enjoy a meal, the birds, the flowers, a beautiful blue sky, a sunset or sunrise. All the things that we take for granted day to day. I hope the fog stays away for a good long time. But find something everyday to smile about. It helps me so I hope it will help you too.

    As for worrying...I'm not help there. I'm a worrier too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary - Thanks for your kind, wise words. I too have suffered with anxiety and depression from a very young age due to hormonal imbalances in my endocrine system. We celebrate the good days and hibernate on the bad ones!

      Delete
  3. I bet DeathStar from Star Wars flew near our planet when I was born LOL Given that horoscopes often predict what awaits us in the future, I do believe there is something in the stars. Everything the horoscope predicted for me for this year really did happen, so who am I not to believe?
    I think I died from happiness when I heard Wentworth and Luke MacFarlane were boyfriends, the cutest couple in the history of cuteness, I wish I could be a fly on their bedroom wall! Now if only Henry Cavill would marry Chris Evans, I could die happily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dezmond - Henry Caville belongs with Matt Bomer... or is that too weird? Look, I'm available too Mr. Caville...

      Delete
    2. Blasphemy! Henrylicious belongs with me (not that Bommer cannot join us when his husband lets him) :)

      Delete
    3. Dezmond - HAHAHAHAHA... ok you can have them. But David Gandy is mine than you very much!

      Delete
  4. Ugh I was in a major fog for the past week as well - which is easy to do when the days are getting shorter and it's dark out earlier. For me, the key is to get outside. Even if I don't feel like it and even if the couch is calling and all I want to do is lay down with a blanket. I hope this fog is lifted for you for a lengthier period of time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth - I bet the Holiday Season excitement has taken over...

      Delete
  5. Don't you love that? When really intelligent of philosophical thoughts enter your mind without you even know where they came from? Maybe it was the moon...(not kidding). I believe in the universe, energies, spirits, and even magic to a very small sense of the word. I do believe in the saying "what is meant to be, will be". Either I am just really naive, or there is a small bit of truth to every myth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jax - there is indeed a grain of truth in everything... the Universe is fascinating!

      Delete
  6. What are my thoughts on the Stars? Don't ask, Az. I mean, seriously, don't ask. But it's good to hear you're a lighter shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always fascinated by the stars. In fact I will be drumming soon under starlight.

    Happy Holidays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truedessa - Sounds great and Happy Holidays!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Wandering Too Far... (& Being Lost As Fuck)

On Happiness and Holidays...

On Tinder, Having Balls, and Generational Wars